TETA TheatreFest Exhibits
We are RETURNING to Moody Gardens at Galveston!!
To view the current Exhibit Assignments :
2018 TETA Exhibit Booth Assignments 1-4-18 (Chart)
What are the TETA Exhibits?
TheatreFest is one of the largest State Theatre Conventions in the country. In the past, over 2000 Theatre educators and students have attended this four day Convention. In addition, the Convention has:
- A play competition - PlayFest
- A technical competition – DesignFest
- A film competition - FilmFest
- Scholarship Auditions
- Over 350 workshops and events
- Featured special artists like, Angela Lansbury, Bernadette Peters, Jason Alexander, etc.
- Over 115 Theatre commercial and educational exhibitors
The Exhibit area for TheatreFest generally has about 100 vendors. Commercial vendors from all over the world and college/universities from throughout the United States make up these participants.
What are other reasons to Exhibit at TheatreFest 2018?
Other reasons to join us this year:
- Due to popular request, Convention has been moved back to Wednesday through Saturday. Sundays are back to being yours!
- Free internet throughout the Hotel and Convention Center! This saves vendors about $740!!
- Free Hotel parking! This saves vendors about $100.
- Rooms are only $129!! This saves vendors about $300.
- Total potential savings would be about $1,140 from last year!!
- Exhibit booths be held in the largest portion of the Moody Garden’s Convention Center!
- Full Convention breakfast in the Exhibit Hall will continue this year.
- TETA students to assist you with loading and unloading! Also on hand to assist during each day.
- Exhibitor Reception!
Who can participate in the TETA Exhibits?
Any organization may register for the Convention and rent an exhibit booth for an extra charge.
What is new for this year’s Exhibits at TheatreFest and what is the cost?
There are no changes from last year! All parts of Convention begins with individual registration. Exhibits, Auditions, DesignFest, PlayFest, all start with a single person registering for the Convention. All are considered as add-ons to registration. The cost per booth was dropped last year to compensate for all exhibit workers registering for the Convention. Membership for TETA is $50 for adults, Convention registration is $120 and a booth is $300. That is a total of $470. Two years ago a booth cost $600. Each additional booth is $500. After Jan. 9th, registration will increase by $50 and booths will be $500 for the first and $700 for each additional. Again, ALL who work the Exhibit Booths are to register for the Convention.
- To register for an Exhibit booth(s), an individual starts by registering for the Convention.
- All Convention Booths (Commercial and Educational Vendors)
- The deadline for registration and exhibit booths is Jan. 9th, 2018.
How are Exhibit booths assigned?
Booths are assigned by the following:
- Exhibitors that sponsor our Convention bags, badges and t-shirts will be assigned first, but only after a short period of time. After this short period of time, the Exhibits Chair will begin assigning all Exhibitors.
- After this short period of time, the Exhibits Chair will send an email to each exhibitor on a first registered and paid basis, and ask for the booth preference. Exhibits used to ask for booth preference, but all exhibitors asked for the same five booths. To save time, each exhibitor can email the Exhibits Chair after registering and paying for their booth, and request a specific booth. Jay.firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current map of the exhibits area can be found at www.sjcd.edu/TETA.
Does TETA require Exhibitors to have liability insurance?
Yes. TETA TheatreFest Exhibitors are expected to carry their own Commercial General Liability insurance and shall hold TETA harmless for any and all damage caused by theft and those perils normally covered by a fire and extended coverage policy.
What is the tentative schedule at the Convention in Galveston?
The Exhibit area will be open to the Convention participants:
· Wednesday, Jan. 24 – 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
· Thursday, Jan. 25 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Friday, Jan. 26 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Saturday, Jan. 27 - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The loading schedule will be as follows:
· 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Freeman Set Up of Exhibits and Three Performance Spaces
· 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. - Specific Vendors Set Up Two Performance Spaces (Freeman available to advise)
· 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. – Commercial Exhibitors Set Up (Red Pass)
· 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. - College/University Exhibitors, Performers & DesignFest Set Up (Blue Pass)
· 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Open Loading Dock Time (Red and Blue Passes)
· 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Exhibit Area Open to Convention Participants
· 9:30 p.m. - 11 p.m. - TETA Exhibitor Reception
How should I register for an Exhibit booth?
Early registration is due on January 9th. In order to register for Exhibits, please follow these steps:
Step #1. Register for TETA membership. Go to this link and register for TETA Membership
(the cost will be $20 for students and $50 for adults) - https://tetatx.wildapricot.org/join-us
Step #2. Register for the TheatreFest Convention and select that you wish to participate in Exhibits.
Select the number of booths you would like. This must take place after you have registered for
TETA Membership, go to this link and register for the Convention –
Step #3. Upon registering for the Convention, you will receive a confirmation email with an invoice.
Step #4. You will receive two separate emails for invoices. One for TETA Membership, and another for
Convention Registration. Use this if you did not pay each with a credit card while registering
Step #5. The final step in the Exhibit process will be to follow the directions sent to you in an
email from the Exhibit Chair.
Suggestion: Reserve a hotel room at Moody Gardens (only 400 of the 600 rooms per night needed for the Convention will be at Moody – We will sell out! Other hotels will be listed at a later time).
Who should I contact for more information on Exhibits?
Please contact the following for:
- Exhibiting, please contact Mr. Jay Thomas at: Email: Jay.Thomas@sjcd.edu or call 281-476-1829
- An updated map of which exhibit booth spaces are available, go to www.sjcd.edu/TETA
- Convention operations, please contact Dr. Jerry Ivins, 2016 Co-Convention Director, at 281-542-2039 or email email@example.com.
- Convention workshops and/or programming, please contact Mr. Greg Arp, 2018 Co-Convention Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Convention Exhibits were sold out!! Please register ASAP. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN Galveston!!!!