The Center for Petrochemical, Energy, and Technology: Opening 2019
San Jacinto College will debut its newest facility in 2019. Elected officials and key industry leaders gathered in September 2017 to break ground for the construction of the 145,000-square-foot Center for Petrochemical, Energy, and Technology. A $60 million investment, the Center will be the largest petrochemical training facility in Texas and will serve to meet the workforce demands of the nation’s largest petrochemical manufacturing complex.
Plans for the Center for Petrochemical, Energy, and Technology were made possible with input by the Petrochemical Advisory Council, industry leaders and the faculty and staff of San Jacinto College. The East Harris County Manufacturers Association supported the 2015 bond to help fund the Center, and its members have pledged equipment and monetary donations toward the Center’s development.
The Center for Petrochemical, Energy, and Technology at San Jacinto College will:
- House associate degree and certificate programs for process technology, instrumentation and analyzer technology, non-destructive testing and electrical technology
- Showcase an exterior glycol distillation unit and control room
- Present a multifunctional glass pilot lab
- Feature instrumentation/analyzer technology and non-destructive testing training labs
- Provide conference, training and assembly spaces designed to accommodate academic, community and industrial functions
- Highlight the most current industry-standard software, equipment and technology
- Include electrical power labs
- Feature process simulation training facilities
- Include corporate training and professional development facilities for the many aspects of the petrochemical manufacturing industry
A capital campaign to raise funds and create naming opportunities to demonstrate our partnership with industry along the Gulf Coast was kicked off earlier in the year. San Jacinto College received its first cash gift of $250,000 from INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA (INEOS), a leading manufacturer of olefin and polyolefin products. The contribution will create the INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA Instrumentation Lab when the building opens in 2019.
Find out more information about the Center for Petrochemical, Energy, and Technology at sanjac.edu/cpet.