“Get a Glimpse” of the Workplace Internship Program
San Jacinto College’s Continuing & Professional Development division, in partnership with aerospace companies is offering college students a “glimpse of the workplace learning experience” for those students interested in careers within the aerospace industry. Qualified students are placed with a sponsor company to support NASA’s space travel and exploration projects at the Johnson Space Center or at a subcontractor’s office in Houston, Texas.
The College’s “Get a Glimpse” of the Workplace Internship Program includes two components:
- Placing students as paid interns to work onsite with aerospace company sponsors, and
- Delivering formal instruction for the students in a classroom or online setting focused on workplace readiness and soft skill training
San Jacinto College’s Continuing & Professional Development division, responsible for continuing and professional development for residents and workforce advancement for companies in East Harris County, Texas, manages the internship learning experience.
Students enrolled at San Jacinto College are eligible to apply. Students must demonstrate their potential to contribute to an aerospace company via enrollment in a relevant degree program, such as, science (physics), technology, pre-engineering or mathematics (STEM).
A mentor is assigned to each student to provide weekly direction and work assignments that are relevant to the professional development of the student.
The objectives for the students include:
- Gain workplace experience in a professional environment
- Increase needed job skills including workplace readiness and soft skills
- Enhance their ability to interact with professionals
- Direct or re-direct the student to choose the best career path
- Increase their job opportunities after graduation
- Provide assistance to financially support their college education
To apply, send a résumé to Linda Drobnich, San Jacinto College, Senior Business Development Manager, at Linda.Drobnich@sjcd.edu.