Cap and Gown
Sunday, December 18, 2018
Minute Maid Park - 2 pm
- Graduation caps and gowns can be purchased at the campus bookstore for a cost of $32.
- Only black tassels should be worn.
- Honors graduates need to wear their honors medals over their gowns.
- Honor society members need to see their honor society advisor about stoles or cords.
- Women wear their caps throughout the ceremony. Men remove their caps for the Invocation.
- To respect the dignity of the ceremony we ask that graduates do not decorate or alter their cap or gown in any way. Any decorations on caps and gowns are distracting and therefore inappropriate. The college reserves the right to require you to remove any embellishment deemed inappropriate by authorized college officials before you are permitted to participate in the ceremony.
Approved specialty regalia
All approved specialty regalia is to be worn over your gown and are determined by advisor.
- Honors graduates – medals given by the Honor department.
- Phi Theta Kappa - gold stole or blue and gold cords ordered by student.
- National Technical Honor Society - grey and purple cords or stole ordered by student.
- Early College High School - San Jacinto College medallion given by ECHS.
- Veterans - red, white and blue cords given out at commencement registration area.